Monday, July 28, 2008

July...Waaaaaaiiit....don't leave me!



"Hey! I'm not done with summer yet!"




This is it, my final week of summer vacation. Normally I would have 2 weeks left, but I am a new employee whom must attend orientation next week - wah, wah, wah.


What to do on this final week???

1) Organize the disaster in the playroom

2) Take Baleigh to the beach

3) Find and organize all of my work clothes and shoes

4) Find our tennis rackets and play!

5) Take Baleigh (and whoever else will join us) on a road trip to Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri. I know it sounds exciting, right? lol! I'm thinking Owensboro, Clarksville, and Cape Girardeau. This may have to wait until a 3-day weekend. I'd like to hit a festival week or something.

6) Go canoeing in Missouri with the K5 plus Krista.


So, obviously we can't get to all of this, but it's good to have a list! Baleigh has been soooo bored. Luckily, VBS started last night.

And now, drum roll please.......... I am joining Megan's video club! Check out just how bored Bay is. She drew Spongebob and his pineapple hut, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs and she used her Hannah Montana Kleenex box to put on a show. She did the filming too!





I know most of you don't watch Nickelodeon, but there is a Kraft Macaroni & Cheese commercial starring singer Jordan Pruitt. This commercial was filmed at The Rosebud Theatre in Effingham. Baleigh is in the commercial! She is in the front row holding her hand out. It's dark, so you just have to believe me - that is exactly where Baleigh was standing and I can pick her hand out of the 5 hands that they show. Pretty cool! We are going to try to record it so hopefully I will have it for you on the next post.


Also cool is the fact that I got my first recycling bin!! Carbondale has curbside pick-up of glass, aluminum, plastic, and paper for a measly $1.50 a month. I am so pumped!


Trying to curb Bay's boredom, I bought a fine easel, paints, palettes, and brushes.
Jamming to Miley Cyrus, Bay creates a scene from the underground railroad -I don't know, it just popped into her head.
Sadie is still taking Prednizone, which has drastically increased her appetite. I don't know if you can tell that she is getting tubby. She likes to lay her head on her lamby and nap - all day. She seems to snore and snort more now that she is Puppa Tub.

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

Uncle Bob is very impressed with the movie-making skills. He thinks you're another Spielberg.