Sunday, November 16, 2008

PPuff Power!


I apologize again for having technical difficulties! I have had a horrible time coordinating my pictures with my text. Although you may not find it as enjoyable, somewhere in here there are pictures to go along with my text. I even called two of our bloggers to get technical support today because I am so tired of this battle. I am declaring this the last time that I blog on my laptop. This HAS to be the prob!

























This may sound crazy to some of you, but I had one of the best times of my life last Thursday! I got to play on the Faculty Powder Puff team! It totally ROCKED! It was straight outta "Friday Night Lights", "Remember the Titans", We Are Marshall", oh, I could go on people! And, lucky for you, it was filmed. I will add the link as soon as the video is downloaded onto our school website. There will also be action photos for your viewing pleasure. I will be available for autographs after Thanksgiving dinner :) Dan coached us to the victory over the senior girls, who were quite vicious! They were sooooo mad that they were losing to us, that they pulled out all the stops, including wrapping their flags so that we couldn't pull them! Luckily, one of our math teachers saw them doing it and told the officials. Those dirty dogs , pun intended (it was muddy and we're all the TERRIERS - haha!!), were penalized for that little charade. Anyway, I think one of the reasons I had so much fun was because I got to meet and bond with some women that I will probably be friends with forever. The victory was a true team effort and I was fortunate enough to be the quarterback. What a blast! The ages of our teammates ranged from 24 to 56! The 56-yr-old played EVERY down!



Here is a cell phone pic of my friend Michelle and me celebrating with the team at Buffalo Wild Wings after the game. Michelle is our team captain! After our victory and some confidence-building, celebratory beers, we made plans for our faculty basketball, volleyball, and softball teams. Bring it on girls! LOL! It's all fun 'til someone gets hurt :)


On to other "sports", Baleigh bought some Heely's and within 3 days she became a master. She has been wanting them since early summer. We found them at the Foot Locker Wednesday night. The first night she had them, she could skate about a foot at a time. Now, she can go the length of of our driveway and down to the neighbor's house.


As we prepare for The Great Thanksgiving, it's difficult to ignore the Christmas decorations popping up in the stores. Baleigh has been slowly dragging out some of our decor. This is the Christmas therapeutic box, much like Lindsey's sand box she used to have on her coffee table at her apartment on the canal.


Here are Baleigh and Sadie passed out in our bed. I found them this way last Sunday night and had to capture the moment.

Lastly, Baleigh and I got to hang out with Krista Friday afternoon! Krista and I went on a tour of John A. Logan College and then we picked Bay up from school and went to O'Charley's for supper. Krista really liked JALC and may be transferring down here next semester!

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey..just gotta sign in and make a few comments here myself..
For everyone reading this blog...we had a "STUD" quarterback. She sure made her husband look good out there!! We did have a great time and beat the Seniors for the FIRST TIME EVER!!! It was a blast!! You would have thought we were going to the SUPER BOWL!!! LOL

Lori, I look so fat in this picture...YUCKY!! I am glad you posted it here now we can always have it to look back on...when I get slim and trim!!! :)

Bob and LouAnne said...

Is that Zsa Zsa Gabor behind that mask? Congrats on the big win!!!

Kickin' It With The Koesters said...

Let the record show that Michelle does not need to lose a pound! She is much smaller than I am. This picture is very deceiving!