Sunday, November 2, 2008

Welcome November!

Word is that November is going to be unseasonably warm! Then I say, Welcome November! There were some yucky days toward the end of October that made me get my winter coat out! and I don't like that (use your Forrest Gump voice for the "I don't like that").
Our weekends have been pretty crazy lately. Last weekend, after our final football game of the season, we (Dan, Lori, Baleigh, & Sadie) left Carbondale at 6:30 am alnd 55 degree warmth to head to Taylorville (42 degrees) to watch Kaid play in the sophomore football game. Kaid played a great game. We eventually thawed out. Then, we headed to Effingham for a volleyball party at our friends Mark and Donez' house. We visited with Lindsey and met the cute little Lady Bonnie Stevenson at Ma-Ma's. Sunday, Baleigh and I had breakfast with Lindsey. Then Dan and I had lunch with Jensin, Kaid, and Dan's mom and dad. With our bellies full, we headed back to Cdale in time for homework and Sunday night football.

Tuesday, Baleigh's flag football season ended. Wednesday, Baleigh created this wonderful halloween house and finished carving her pumpkin.
















Friday night Baleigh and I went Trick or Treating with Elissa and her mother, Jill. Baleigh was Lady Liberty again because no one in Carbondale has seen that sweet costume yet. Elissa was an 80's Diva Girl, or what I called a "valley girl" - haha. Elissa spent the night and the girls exchanged candy. Saturday morning, I took the girls to Elissa's house and Dan and I met Kaid at Cahokia, where Effingham played their first round playoff game. It was a beautiful 75 degree day, but Effingham ended its season with a 40- 8 loss to Cahokia. Afterward, we travelled to Effingham to watch Jensin's volleyball team win the regional championship against Mattoon. They play in the sectional against Waterloo at Salem Tuesday night. Dan and I ended up driving back home to Carbondale Saturday night to complete an approximate 350 mile day trip without leaving the state of Illinios. Wowzers. Good thing we got that extra hour of sleep last night:)
This week is going to be another crazy one and I promise to bring my camera!

No comments: