Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Some Turkey and Some Southern Snow help to make the season bright

Let's talk turkey, eh? Thanksgiving is over you say? Well, I'm talking a different kind of turkey...the Mediacom TURKEYS that owe us some service gol darnit! We have had more service issues that I can shake a stick at! (How'd you like that saying Mom? :)
Because of THOSE turkeys, I was unable to participate in the post Thansgiving blogging. So, since you have all read the other family members Turkey blogs, I just have one thing to contribute and that is a picture of some of the place cards that Lindsey asked Baleigh to make for our Thursday dinner. Also pictured is the only winning lottery ticket at the table - Baleigh's!









Onward..we awoke to a surprising snow-splattered scene on Sunday morning. Baleigh promptly bundled up and made her first snowman of the winter. I scurried out in my slippers to capture the first, and possibly the only, Southern Illinois Snowman of the season. As we drove to church, there was nary a snowman to be found! Maybe peeps down here aren't as active in the snow as the Central Illinoisans, or maybe they were all just still sleeping! It was 7:00 am or bust I tell ya! Look! Her eyes are still puffy!

















Here is a picture of Bay and Puppa Sade before church (and after snow fun).










Monday night was the Giant City School Christmas Program. It was quite a production! The fourth graders got to play their recorders after they sang a few numbers! Ahhh... the good ol' recorder. I remember it well. I was in Brownsburg, IN when I learned the recorder in fourth grade. Although the sound of the recorder leaves a little to be desired, I thought these kids did a pretty good job of staying together and hitting the right notes. Enjoy the vid!












Have a great rest of the week!








1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH my...The RECORDER!!! I didnt know the kids still did that!! LOL..Great job bay..I couldnt quite make her out..but I think I heard her. :)

MIchelle