Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fame, Glory and ...YOUR Webkinz Family Portrait!


Snowmancam just got first priority on this posting because I can't move these pictures to the end where I had planned! I finally remembered to do a little watching on Saturday night and first I saw a turkey, then some deer and then these boys! Sunday morning there was all kinds of action! I watched, and read a book (looking up whenever I saw movement) for 3 hours! Yeah, Baleigh wasn't home obviously. I saw a lot of these 2 deer, but around 10 am, they got 2 friends but I forgot to save that shot. Dan has been watching some too and he thinks we should all set up a cam. kvillecam, kutschercam, koestercam.
On to the origianl beginning of the post...
Baleigh got a big surprise from the Mayor of Carbondale when he came to her classroom and presented her with this "Turtle Crossing" sign! Mayor Cole had visited her classroom in November, discussing various Carbondale facts. Apparently, while he was talking, Baleigh drew a picture of a turtle and wrote "save the the turtles!" and "turtle crossing" on it and gave it to him asking if Carbondale had any turtle crossing signs. The mayor laughed and said no. Then he tucked her turtle picture in his pocket. On Wednesday, he pulled the turtle picture out of his pocket and explained to the class that he had kept the picture on his desk and finally decided to ask the city workers to make Baleigh a sign. Baleigh was so surprised and of course I tried not to cry during the presentation in fron of her friends - that's totally uncool ya know. Her teacher had called me to let me know about the presentation. The sign will stay in their classroom until the end of the school year and then Baleigh gets to bring it home. Also pictured is Lucas Feather, the class president, who asked if he could be in the picture :)




















Well, the Steelers won and most midwesterners didn't like that. Poor Kurt Warner, he played a great game! I wish the Steelers would have played some other team, like the cheatin' Patriots. It still ended up being a good game to watch because of the 4th quarter excitement. The picture on the couch is at halftime. The kids weren't too impressed with Bruce Springstein. I thought the Boss did a pretty good job.

AND NOW....YOUR Webkinz Family Portraits!
Well, SOME of the portraits. Darn it! I am going to have to post Bob, Big Lou & Rob, Jeff and Conni, Michael, and John, Rhonda, Kyle, & Krista next week:( Sorry! I thought we had finished the photo shoot, but no. Zut Alors!



Megan, Chad, Landon, Stella





MaMa and PaPa








Bonnie, Brent, Lindsey








Top Row: Jensin, Kaid, Baleigh
Bottom Row: Lori, Dan, Sadie










And finally, my list of 6 Things That Make Me Happy...
1. The Great Outdoors. All landscapes, the sun, moon, stars, critters, even the scents of each season. I see beauty in it all.
2. Holidays. I am always off work and with family!
3. Competing. Sports, cards, Wii, word searches - I don't really care what type of competition.
4. Walking 18 holes of golf at 6 am - not for the competition, but for the beauty and the stillness, just the birds and the sound of the club hitting the ball. I haven't done this in a few years, but hope to this summer.
5. Helping. In any form. My earliest memories of helping go back to being under the hood of various cars with my brothers and helping Aunt Kae with laundry and dishes before we went out to through the softball around.
6. Listening to stories. Family history. MaMa stories about growing up back in the day. And also, just the stories of people I know and meet.
This was hard work Megan:) I tried not to copy - but I do love a clean house! and my baby girl and my family, and .....
I am tagging Baleigh and Michelle and MaMa.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hahaha...very good post!

#3 - Competing - sports, Wii, Roll-Offs, Green Bean Snapping, Apples to Apples, etc...

I love the Turtle Crossing story! I hadn't heard that yet! Go Bay!

I'm telling Brent that he is a Porcupine...that's just hilarious. Ahahaha...