Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snowdayssss and a Birthday Party!

FOUR SNOW DAYS!!! We have never experienced 4 in a row. It was amazing. The roads stayed hazardous because of the 3 inches of sleet underneath the 6 inches of snow. The buses couldn't make their routes. I hope we don't have any more!





The heavy snow left Krista's ducks searching for yummy yums. We brought them bread and crackers. When I bent down to take this picture, one duck tried to eat my hand and my cell phone! It didn't hurt, just shocked me because I didn't see him coming. They also pecked at our boots and nipped at our gloves - poor starvin' things.















Baleigh, Krista and I made this friendly guy. Then, we built snow forts and had a snow ball fight! Krista's school was closed for 3 days. SIU was closed for 2 days. I guess we should be thankful though. Kentuckians are still without power. My friend Michelle's relatives from Kentucky are staying with her until their power comes back. Her mom's house got down to 42 degrees and she finally gave in and packed her bags when the news reports were saying that power would not be restored for at least a week, maybe two.


Elissa stayed 2 nights during the surprise vacation week. She and Bay had a great time together and were both relieved to be able to socialize a little bit. I think we were all getting a good dose of cabin fever after the first 2 days off.













Saturday, all of Baleigh's friends were sooo happy to see each other after being cooped up for the 4 days. The birthday party was a lot of fun. There were 14 kids plus me, Dan, Mike, Dusty, Camryn, Krista and the MaMa!!!! Ta Da! MaMa The Great made it down to Carbondale and we were so happy she came!



This is the birthday pinata. I bought it for the black and gold colors and it was cheap. It said "Happy New Year" on it. So, I thought we'd just tear that off and make it a Steelers pinata. I brought it home to Bay and explained my idea and she thought that was great. Then she said, "uh, Mom, isn't that a champagne bottle?" I covered my face and said, "Oh my gosh! You're right! I am so dumb! I didn't even think about it." It just really got my attention because of the black and gold and the Super Bowl coming up! I told Dan what I had done and he convinced me that the kids wouldn't even notice. I went with that and...no one noticed - Thank Goodness.



Here are some fun pictures of the pinata action. Baleigh's face is her consoling, "ahhh" after her friend missed the pinata.






















Bay spinning Eli around.













A.J. jumps with excitement after Rachel drills the pinata - but no candy yet.








Baleigh about brought down the house with this hit, but still no candy. After everyone did a blind-folded attempt, we let them go back through without the blindfold.


Molly made it burst and the race was on! Look at Baleigh's excitement!


The Turtle Cake. She blew all 10 candles out in one breath!



They swarmed her while she opened her presents, but it was sweet. They are a pretty close group of friends. They all wanted to see that their gift was well-received :)


Besides the pinata action, there were bouncy inflatables which included jousting, a giant slide, a bouncy house and an obstacle course. On the other half of the area there were balls - footballs, basketballs, dodgeballs, soccerballs. The party was at a place called "Sports Blast". Good times, great memories.


Here are a few people sliding. I should have video-taped more action.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Bob and LouAnne said...

How about getting those ducks some corn. Looks the partee was a big success. Hope Sugarplum had a good time.

Bob and LouAnne said...

looks LIKE the partee was a big success, I mean